PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 19, 2010

(We're Getting) Sleep

henry month 4-5 038 by you.

Since we moved Henry into his own room, sleeping has been going much better for the three of us. At first he (okay, I) was having a hard time adjusting to the change. He was still waking up every two-three hours and just about the time I'd finally stop worrying about him being kidnapped, or swallowing a bug, or pulling his swaddle blanket over his mouth, or being too hot/cold, or having a stuffy nose...he'd wake up again, full-on screaming and I'd find myself back in his room with my boob in his mouth.

During a very frustrated phone call to my mom she suggested that we take him out of his new crib and sleep him back in his bassinet. Why hadn't I thought of this?! It made total sense, he's been sleeping in that bed since he was born so naturally he'd be more comfortable in that than in an unfamiliar (big and cold) crib. That night we wheeled his bassinet into his bedroom and he slept ten hours straight. Ten hours!

Since then he's been sleeping at least seven hours. Perhaps I'm jinxing myself by writing this all down, but it's just too exciting not to share. I'm too afraid of breaking this sudden streak of luck so every night I've been making sure his sleeping arrangements are the exact same as the first night he slept so well. This means he's been sleeping in the same pajamas for four nights and wearing one sock on his left foot (the night he slept well he had cut his pinky toe and needed a sock to hold the band aid on). I know it's stupid but hey, I'm not messing this up. Sleep is a beautiful thing.

16 comments:

Paige Baker said...

Oh and PS- thank you for adding my button. You are my favorite love. ♥

Paige Baker said...

YAYYY!!! I cannot even believe that! It's so great!! Dr.s say that once you pass 3 nights it's officially what is to be considered "normal". Your son "normally" sleeps through the night, Allie!! I'm so happy to hear that ♥ Looooove

alliehallmarr said...

Really? Like, really really? AHHHHH! That would be awesome. Wow, I hope the doctors are right!

Paige Baker said...

Same with potty training. If they go three nights without wetting the bed.

Emmie Bee said...

This is so great!! Congrats to you all!! It is so nice to regain the ability to sleep!! (Although I am CLEARLY not taking advantage of this luxury since its 230!) I am crossing my crossables that it sticks!YAYYYYY.

Jess Craig said...

are you trying to make cry? i'm so jealous.

melissa rohr said...

congrats! this is very exciting :)

stella started sleeping through the night at about 5 weeks. i was so scared to write it down or say it for so long that i would jinx it-thank god i didn't.

jill said...

oh im glad you posted this. i almost just emailed you to see how its been going. im sooo glad you are all sleeping better! go baby h, go!
ps. thanks for adding my button too! :)

Mariel Torres said...

i am in love with henry's room. you are such an amazing decorator!

Rose said...

That is awesome! I hope it lasts for you! But, to warn you: my daughter slept through the night for about 3 months (age 3-5 months-ish), then went back to waking up at night once she started crawling. Now, at 15 months, she might wake up once a night, or she might wake up 5 times, we never know.

I do know that for some people it does last, so good luck!

Brittany said...

How great! Sleep is wonderful thing! mmm I really love it!

Allegra said...

Yay Sleep! So happy for you!

xoxo,
Allegra

alliehallmarr said...

Mariel: Thanks! We were trying to do an Eric Carle theme without going too overboard with cheesy EC stuff. I like the way it turned out and Henry loves the bright colors!

Rose: Don't scare me! Just kidding :) My mom has told me the same thing, she said that just when I get used to him sleeping so well he will probably start waking up again. Oh these kids of ours, jeez!

Brittany: I'm a totally different person when I've been able to get some sleep. It's amazing!

Allegra: Thanks! Henry slept so awful in the hotel in your SC town, ha ha. We loved your city though!! ;)

Jamie said...

we're on an awesome sleeping roll too... i havent told anyone because i'm afraid to jinx it! ahhheeeeee!

alliehallmarr said...

Jamie, I won't tell anyone :) Even after I posted this he's been sleeping so well so hopefully our luck will be yours as well. So exciting, you must feel so good!

erinlucyloves said...

oh my goodness i'm so jealous, but still glad at least someone is getting some sleep!
Henry's nursery is totally cute by the way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails