PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Haircut

This haircut has to last me a looong time.

This is the latest picture of me and my Henry. I feel lame posting a picture of myself that I obviously took on my own but, see my new haircut? It's kind of a BIG. DEAL. because you guys? It has been seven months since I had the time to go to a salon. Seven months! I kept telling myself that I'd go over a weekend that G wasn't working but stuff just kept popping up. Baby stuff.

So eventually I realized my hair= eww.gross.yuk and made myself book an appointment (made myself. wow). G had some free time and offered to watch Henry for a few hours and since H has gotten much better at entertaining himself I figured he'd be just fine. I got really excited and started planning what I would do with my gifted free time. Maybe I'll get a coffee and stop by the bookstore afterward, maybe I'll get a new dress at UO, maybe I'll just sit in the car and listen to my music really loud for once...my mind was spinning with the possibilities!

After my haircut (40 min. after leaving the house) G called me and I could barely understand what he was saying because H was screaming bloody murder in the background. "When are you coming home? Soon? Please tell me it's soon. You're almost done, right? I've tried everything but bro be freaking out..." he yelled.

:: sigh::

Apparently I still can't leave my baby for longer than twenty minutes without him thinking the world is coming to an end. I guess it's going to be a while before I get my hair cut again and I should probably just accept the fact that coffee and bookstores and shopping are now the things good dreams are made of.

What a little mama's boy we have!

** thank you all so much for sending G so many good thoughts for a speedy recovery. it means so much to us! **

please vote for us today? just a few clicks!
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

20 comments:

Posh Play said...

I am going on Wednesday to get mine done and leaving my baby with my husband. So scared! :) Your haircut is really cute!

alliehallmarr said...

Thanks! Hope your free time is a little more enjoyable than mine was, ha ha. It is pretty sweet how much they depend on us as moms though (both the dads and the babes, ha!)

Mandy Vallejo said...

"...bro be freaking out."

Made me laugh! You three are so cute.

Paige Baker said...

You, H and I should all go to UO and coffee and a used bookstore really soon. Kay?

Unknown said...

Aww! I wish I could tell you that it gets better, but... my son will be 4 in august and the last time I got my hair cut was (gasp) LAST august! And that is only because we had an early-leave day at work. I used to try to get my hair cut more often (like every 4 mos) but one time my husband actually showed up in the salon w/ the baby. I mean really? is there not a park or target they could have gone to? hahah

PS your story was so scary! you are right, we take so much for granted. You were so smart to rush him to the ER right away!

Jess Craig said...

like i said on fb, i like it a lot. and as far as leaving henry, i've barely left wyatt before. once i took him with me to get my hair cut and the hairdresser let me hold him while she cut my hair. she did a razor cut so we didn't have to worry about me sitting too still. i even put a little smock on him and everything.

Widge said...

ooooh you both are waaaay too cute!

Shelley said...

You have to wean him off of being so dependent on you! Haha. I don't have kids so you are probably thinking that I don't know what I am talking about but I do! My neices had to be "trained" like that. Good luck!

jill said...

first. your haircut is super cute. i wish i was brave enough to cut mine short again but everytime i do i wish it was long again. the last time i got a haircut was christmas. it was the only thing on my list. haha [and ryan and corbin came with me!]
second. i left corbin one time to just run my niece and nephew home and ryan called saying pretty much the same thing while corbin SCREAMED in the background. heartbreaking! and i dont think i've ever drove so fast in my entire life. and ive been terrified to leave him since.
and third. i PROMISE it gets better. the last time i left corbin he was good with his dad for like two and a half hours!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

I need a hair cut too... My mom does my hair though, so I don't know what my excuse is...

lydia. said...

you are looking too cute!

Brittany said...

Aidyn was the exact same way!

He's gotten better now, but he'd much rather be with mommy then anyone else! :)

kinda makes you feel good though... right? :)

alliehallmarr said...

Mandy: thanks!

Paige: YES PLEASE! My poor sister, when she was up I took her to all of those things and made her hold Henry while I thumbed through books and tried on clothes. Don't worry though, I'll get a personal assistant before we out, so you won't have to do that ;)

Leah: Your comment made me laugh so hard! I could totally see G showing up with a screaming baby and handing him off. Hilarious!

Jess: That hairdresser sounds awesome! I've been wondering lately if anyone has ever started a salon/spa that offers free babysitting...I know I'd be tempted to go to a place like that.

Shelly: thanks for the advice! my mom just told me the same thing, ha ha. she said, "well, you'll just have to get go out on your own more often...he'll get used to it!"

Chelsey: i wish my mom could cut hair! with the way things have been going around here these days though, i'd probably still put it off longer than i should :)

Lydia: thank you!

Brittany: it makes me feel so good! when i got home and g put him in my arms he just nestled into my neck like he was so relieved. best feeling ever.

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

Love the haircut! I know how you feel - my haircut before the one I had two weeks ago was in January! Ack!

alliehallmarr said...

Mason's Mom: thank you so much. your priorities definitely change when you have a baby, it's so strange!

Paige Baker said...

Hahah, I wouldn't mind!
Honestly--I'll have to plan a trip down there some week when I'm in chi.

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I need a cut bad. In fact I cut my own hair a couple days ago, and it looks awful. It's been 2 years next month, since I've been to the salon. I hate hate hate it. I need "cool" hair again. Hehehe.

Just read your post about G. Scary!! Glad you guys know what it is, and that he will be okay!!

becca said...

you. are. adorable.

love the haircut! i'm in desperate need of one myself...

alliehallmarr said...

Paige: then move to chicago soon! like, next week!

sarah: you've totally got me beat, ha! hope you get some free time soon :) g is doing much better, thank goodness!

becca: okay, you are seriously so sweet. thanks!

Kelly said...

Love the haircut!

Related Posts with Thumbnails