PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye Aunt Lindsey!

lindsey's visit may 10 134 by you.

I dropped off my little sister Lindsey at the airport today. Having here with us for the past ten days has reminded me all over again just how much I miss my family. When she first flew in, ten days seemed like forever. I couldn't see the end of her stay and I liked it that way but now she's gone and I'm feeling sad.

We had so much fun, the three of us running all over this city together. We laughed with the kids I nanny, swam outdoors in the 90 degree weather, listened to new music, awwww-ed over Henrykins, watched movies, and fell asleep under the same roof to the sound of summer storms. I loved every minute of it!

I think the hardest thing about seeing her go was realizing that she is the last family we will be seeing for a very long time. I love Georgia but living this far from family is so hard for me. I hate watching Henry grow and discover new things and only being able to tell my mom about his developments over the phone. I hate not having the support of family and friends and feeling like I have to do all of this on my own.

I am so grateful for the time I have gotten to spend with both of my little sisters this summer. They are both such smart and beautiful girls and Henry went absolutely nuts-happy over their presence.

I can't wait until we are all living closer to each other again.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I know the feeling...my family is all in Canada, and it can be tough sometimes. At least it does make the times we have together all the more sweet. :)

Brittany said...

but big-big-hugs because I know how much it can flippin suck!

HUG YA!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad that you all had so much fun together! Henry is awfully luck to such awesome family.. no matter how far apart they are!

Its so tough having all of my siblings all over the U.S... but it also makes me appreciate them, and the time we have so much more!

Paige Baker said...

This is so sweet. You have such a beautiful and loving, tight-knit family. I love hearing about how much you love them.

P.S.-That picture is so cute. You all look wonderful!

alliehallmarr said...

Courtney, I totally agree! Every time we do get to see each other it is even that much more special :)

Brittany, Thank you so much! I'm so glad you understand how I feel, it's one of the worst feelings ever :(

alliehallmarr said...

Thanks Paige! I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful family :)

Lindsey said...

Awww.. I miss you guys so much already. Goodness. Don't worry. I will come back to visit before you know.. haha. Beee reeady. =]
Love you!

Pop Culture Casualty said...

I sense, and relate, to your sadness about being away from family. So I thought this might cheer you up!

Cut and paste...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs

ING

Kelly said...

Wow, just looking at that picture takes my breath away. Wasn't it just yesterday that you guys were "oooing and aaaawing" over Carly? Or, rather, fighting over her? Man oh man, where has the time gone? I miss those baby years so much that I signed up to help in the nursey at church. I figured that if I can't get my Henry snuggles directly from the source then I'll have to substitue another kid!
-Mom

Iris Flavia said...

I miss time with my "little" Bro, too.
We had one week in Cologne in his flat-sharing-place back at uni that I won´t give away.
Now soon he´ll be a Daddy and I wonder if we ever get that chance again.
Probably not, which makes me sad...

Related Posts with Thumbnails