PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 20, 2010

to the two most important men in my life.

Dear Dad,

I have been thinking a lot today about how much I miss you these days. Of course, I've missed you since the day we left for Chicago but now that Henry is here I miss you more and more each day. As I watch him grow and develop new skills I find myself wishing so badly that you could be here to see each one. Even though right now we are thousands of miles away from each other I have no doubt in my mind that we will all be living in the same state again soon. I can' t wait for Henry to get to know his grandpa and for him to spend time doing all of the things you used to do with me! Henry needs someone to take him fishing, teach him the rules of baseball, and how to get a player's attention so that you can get your ball signed. He needs his grandpa to make him glasses of "fairy milk" and eggnog with 7Up. And someday after you two have spent an amazing day outside together you will tuck him in and tell him, "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. See you in my dreams" and he will be comforted by it just as much as I was when I was still little.

I love you so, so much dad. I hope your father's day and birthday was the very best.



Dear Garrison,

One of my most favorite things ever is watching you with Henry. I love how much his face lights up whenever you come home from work and enjoy seeing how different he acts around you than he does me (already!) You have no idea how much my heart melts every time I walk in on you two cuddling each other in our big bed in the mornings. Thank you for always being so patient and kind and for helping me out with the big things and the little things (there sure are a lot of those times lately, aren't there?) I am so glad that you were there to hear Henry's first cries. That is a memory that I will never have and if you hadn't been there the only people around to experience that would have been the nurses and doctors.

I love you so much and I love our little family. I am so lucky to have you in my life.

Love,
Allie

8 comments:

Jess Craig said...

beautiful!

Paige Baker said...

I am a train wreck over here. your big heart and the love you have it filled with always melts me in a way no one else seems to be able to. You probably think I just cray alll the time. But really, you trigger it. I a really, really, good way. Your love and happiness make me so happy, Allie. You're a beautiful person and you truly appreciate and love all that you have.

Paige Baker said...

I also though you might enjoy this quote for father's day. I just adore it.
"Sherman made the terrible discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later... that the man before him was not an aging father but a boy, a boy much like himself, a boy who grew up and had a child of his own and, as best he could, out of a sense of duty and, perhaps love, adopted a role called Being a Father so that his child would have ... See Moresomething mythical and infinitely important: a Protector, who would keep a lid on all the chaotic and catastrophic possibilities of life." -Tom Wolfe

alliehallmarr said...

Thanks Jess!

Paige: You are so sweet. I really hope we get to meet in person some day, I just know we'd get along great (and not just because you always leave me the nicest comments, ha ha ;)

Love the quote, thanks!

Paige Baker said...

Goodness! That comment I made was such a mess! I need to start sleeping more. Anyway, we will meet up sometime. I swear. Love.

alliehallmarr said...

Yeah right Paige, I loved it! I really like sleep deprived Paige! ;)

Paige Baker said...

I just meant grammatically. I still mean everything I said. haha

Mariel Torres said...

this is such a lovely post! You've been very blessed indeed darling :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails