PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 2, 2009

sick.com

We've had a loooong weekend. Saturday Ben, Jared, and Homer came over to our place and played around with vocal melodies for Slim Dixon's new album. I got to hang out with Jenny, something I haven't gotten to do in so long. We took her baby Lex to Target and Aldi's, got coffee, and goofed around. I like hanging out with Jenny because we could be doing anything (even something as lame as going to Target) and I still come home feeling refreshed and happy. It's nice to have a friend that is even busier than I am too, because I've learned that I'm not the best at hanging out with people all of the time. After hanging out with Jenny and Lex, I cooked my very first vegan meal for everyone who was still over at our place. In case you were wondering, no I'm not vegan...actually even my vegetarian kick has been slowly winding down. Our new friend Homer has been vegan for a few years. I cooked veggie burgers, tater tots, stir-fried green peppers and onions, and made homemade humus. It all turned out pretty good. For vegan food.

Yesterday (Sunday) we were up in Algonquin again, as Slim Dixon finished the last of their album. They still have to add a few small extra parts, but other than that it is complete. I was surprised at how good it sounds, not like they suck or anything...It's just amazing hearing everything come together. It was so cold in the house they record at so I mostly sat in a corner next to the theater and wrote a letter to my friend and read.

I'm starting to read The Catcher in the Rye because I have never actually read it before. I can't put it down, the way Salinger writes totally amazes me and I love feeling like the characters are people that you've met. It happens to be a good book to read after the last Murakami book I read (South of the Border, West of the Sun). From what I can tell so far, the main character in Salinger's book is like a younger version of the main character in Murakami's.

We got back to our place last night at 1:30 in the morning. I ate a burrito from downstairs, unpacked, and took some NyQuil because I felt like my allergies were acting up (they have three cats in Algonquin). G and I both fell asleep so fast, I can't remember the last time our bed felt so comfortable.

When I woke up this morning to go to work, my throat was completely sore and my body was super achy. Turns out what I thought was allergies is really a horrible throat cold. I can't wait to get to sleep tonight, tomorrow is another long day of work and today was almost too much to handle. Carly (the little girl I work with) kept telling me, "Tell Gary to get you everything. Make him get you soup, and water, and food, and tissues, and some socks (what?) If he says no I won't then say, Please!!..." She helped me fold the laundry and even brushed my hair out of my face a few times to look at me with worried eyes. I'm lucky to be with such sweet kids. Also, for those wondering, Garrison is taking very good care of me...Carly would be pleased.

Tonight it's more NyQuil, juice, and lots of sleep. My head is spinning....

This video is hilarious to me and probably anyone who has seen me after a serious doctor's appointment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails