PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Goodbyes :-(

I went to bed last night rather late, thinking a ton about how my sisters are leaving already and of all the things I wish would have happened on this trip. Not saying we didn't do a lot and have fun doing it...I will remember this week forever. I am already that kind of person who holds onto the past and spends too much time over-thinking about what I should have done/shouldn't have done. When you throw family into that whole mess, it just gets complicated. Did my sisters leave knowing just how much I love them? Did we create memories that they will look back on and smile at? Did I help them through any hard times in their life? Did they have as much fun as I had? The questions could really go on forever...I probably won't sleep much tonight, it's really weird not having them around now.

This morning as I was Benadryl-sleeping-in, one of the girls came into our room and unplugged my computer. I fell back asleep and minutes later woke up to the Shins song "The Past and Pending" playing in our living room. Being some what foggy, I had a rush of feelings I hadn't felt in years. I can't quite explain it. Have you ever heard a song or smelled something that you haven't experienced in years, and you realize that you have all of these feelings you never knew you attached to the song/smell years before?

I should really stop talking about it before I ruin the feelings attached to that song...All I'm really trying to say is that it was a good song choice for the sad realization that they were leaving this morning, as well as the best slow wake up I have had in a while.

I already miss them so much and our teeny-tiny apartment feels so empty without them. I still expect to see them sleeping on the futon and floor every time I get up to go to the bathroom...weird.

I worked tonight. Welcome back, real life.

I also found out that I was accepted to the teaching program at Garrison's school!

Our breakfast picture from this morning!


Megan, Lindsey, Stevie, and Carly...thank you for making me the luckiest big sister.
Related Posts with Thumbnails