PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday!!

I'm uploading a bunch of movies onto my YouTube account right now, mostly to get them off of my computer's hard drive before it crashes. Old Dell Inspiron 6000 has been doing pretty well lately...only freezing if I have a ton of windows open and occasionally overloading and shutting down. But everytime I turn it back on it starts without a glich. I feel that sometime very, very soon I am going to come home from work, open my computer, and find myself computerless.

Today I hung out with Jenny, I have the next two weeks off and am using this week to relax and clean before my sisters come on the 21st. Jenny was nannying for this cute family with a boy about Alex's age and we took the boys on a walk to Trader Joes because it was 65 DEGREES OUTSIDE!!!

I always forget how much I like Trader Joes. Really cheap prices on food that's healthy and yummy. I bought enough ingredients to make portabella mushroom, white-clam alfredo pasta for dinner tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about the sauce, it looks delicious AND it's been forever since I've had clams. They are really expensive here. In Washington state you can get a combination fishing and clamming license for what, $15? In Chicago, clams cost .59 cents each...and who only eats one or two clams in one sitting anyway?

On Saturday we headed downtown for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Apparently, St. Patrick's Day has turned into one of the biggest drinking holidays of the year. It was a good time, we ran around the city with Jerry and his girlfriend Kate and their friends. Jerry even had a wheelchair so that he wouldn't have to get around on crutches. Drunk people pushing a wheelchair is one of the most awesome things I have seen in a very long time.

We didn't watch too much of the parade, there were too many people already crowding the street by the time we got down there. There were thousands of drunk people falling over themselves and green everywhere you looked. We all got hit in the face with green beads thrown by party trolleys and some seriously decked out bros. People were selling shirts that said, "Irish today...Hung over tomorrow" and cops were walking the streets drinking cans of Busch and Bud Light.

While we were waiting for Jerry and Kate, we met up with Homer for a while and took photos and videos. G noticed a girl who was having a huge problem standing up, she was slouched between two of her friend's arms. We watched her for five minutes or so and eventually she went completly limp and just laid stretched out on the sidewalk. We ran over and asked them if they needed any help, only to find out that they were a bunch of highschoolers who were convinced she was okay because "her boyfriend was coming to pick her up any minute". They attempted to cram crackers down her throat, but she was so blacked out she couldn't even swallow them. Her eyes were open and completly milky, the scariest thing I think I have ever seen. We called an ambulance for her and they arrived to pump her stomach and rushed her to the hospital a half hour later. It gets more disgusting, but I'll spare you the details. The whole thing really grossed me out, I couldn't stop thinking about her for the longest time. I hope she was okay....

We were probably the only people not wearing green:




G, Kate, Aimee, and Wheelchair Jer:




I think he was saying, "Hustlin', hustlin'"
Related Posts with Thumbnails