PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Four Month Check Up

lindsey's visit may 10 057 by you.

Henry's four month check up yesterday went great! I look forward to every appointment and seeing how much he's growing in such a short amount of time continues to amaze me. The fact that another human being can survive purely on milk that my body makes blows. my. mind. Poor H hated getting his shots (duh) but quickly forgot about them once he was safely snuggled into the crook of my neck. I hate hate hate the little quiver his lip makes as he gasp-cries and looks at me like, "W-w-w-what just happened?"

H has gained three pounds in two months! If you don't believe me, please refer to the double chin in the picture above. He now weighs 14 pounds, 5 ounces which places him in the 38th percentile for his age. He is 26 inches long and in the 80th percentile as far as height goes. Watch out ceiling fans, Baby Henry's going to be TALL!!

8 comments:

Paige Baker said...

Oh baby! What a good boy!

Delirium said...

OMG---does Henry ever do the 'quiver cry'? Where his cry gets all sad and shakey?!

Asia did that until she was 8 months old.. I'm pretty sure I cried everytime she did for the first 4. That cry is the saddest thing ever, though.

Does Henry have blue eyes?

I have some mommy questions for you also. Are you getting all his vaccinations done? And how do you plan to go about the sleep issue? Do you rock him or are you going to let him cry it out? Are you into 'attachment parenting' or more the 'teach them to be independent' way of parenting?

I hope you dont mind me asking, I'm just wondering because I am still trying to figure out these questions for myself. Especially the sleep thing.. Asia is 10 months old and yes.. I STILL rock her to sleep for every nap and each night for bed-time! At her 9 month check up the dr. said I better do the cry it out method soon if I'm going to do it but I still haven't made up my mind.. it's so hard to let her cry.

Longest comment ever.. sorry.

Jamie said...

he has such a personality already, that Henry.

grow tall baby, grow!

alliehallmarr said...

Bonnie: Yes! He's done that a few times and it breaks my heart! He does have blue eyes right now, I'm hoping that they stay too.

As far as vaccinations go, yes we are getting them all done. I was a little hesitant about the ones that we never had to get as a kid (ex: rota vaccine...) but after talking with our doctor and reading more about them we decided it was the best decision for us. The good seems to outweigh the bad that could happen and I just know I'd feel horrible if H ended up catching something that could have maybe been prevented all along.

We are just starting to sleep train a bit (I'm going to write about it soon) but we're taking it really slow. For a while H was up every two hours (yuk!) and I could tell that he was beginning to rely on me to comfort him back to sleep. I want to stop that before it gets to be a hard habit to break, yet it's SO HARD for me to listen to him cry. I think he's going to start sleeping in his own room in a week and then we'll start a light Ferber method. Feeding him around midnight and then at four-ish but everything in between will be just a shusssssh and a paci and a belly rub.

It's hard, isn't it? I'm always afraid I'm be making the wrong decision and that's scary! Especially when it comes to vaccinating your baby.

Delirium said...

It is! It's hard being a first time mom, I always feel like I'm doing everything wrong which I probably am.

I tagged you! But you totally don't have to play along if you don't want to. You should, though..

Paige Baker said...

Hi, pretty! Speaking of tags:
http://paigebaker.blogspot.com/p/participate.html
It's nothing you have to repost:)

alliehallmarr said...

Going over to check it out right now!

Marcella said...

aww poor guy! pella has her 4 month on Friday. I cant Wait to see her stats!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails