PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big City Jerks

Tonight on my walk home from work, I watched a pigeon stupidly fly smack into the side of a Toyota Tercel. Instead of dying, it wandered around in shock. Two blocks down I started feeling guilty for just walking away. I walked back towards the intersection, hoping to see the pigeon gone... only to find him still there confused, running underneath cars.

I tried to save the poor bird but he was even more afraid of me and kept running underneath the passing cars. People were in such a hurry, honking and pushing each other forward like they always are here.

Three cars later and right in front of my eyes his little body was crushed by a tire.

I hate this city and its people too busy to give a crap about something that's just trying to live.
Related Posts with Thumbnails