PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 23, 2009

Four-Leaf Clover.

As I mentioned before, G's band Slim Dixon has been recording their second album over the past two weekends and I have been going and hanging around for the past few sessions. Yesterday after getting only three or so hours of real sleep we woke up at 8 am and got everything ready for the trip north. I was so tired and grumpy that all I could think was, "Why am I doing this? I go there to do nothing but sit around for 14 hours, eat horribly, and watch too much TV that I can't even hear over the music," and "It's not like I am actually contributing anything to the album". I honestly couldn't figure out why I kept going back every weekend. It wasn't until the end of the night when we were all driving back home at 12:30 in the morning that it hit me: I keep going because I really like these guys. Of course I've always liked them, they're fun and interesting people to hang out with. I think it was then that I realized for the first time how lucky we are to have made friends with everyone out here.

All of my friendships and relationships in the past are made up of a serious of coincidences and this group of friends out here is not any different. Is this the same for everyone or am I just overthinking this like I do everything else?

On the cold drive home I kept thinking about all of the people I have met and the ways I came to get to know them. Almost every friendship could be traced back four or five people. Our friends here are connected to people we knew in Bellingham, and those friendships can be traced back to people I met through my first college job at Papa Murphy's. You would think that moving across the country would automatically disconnect you from people you have previously met. As we passed the other tired drivers on the freeway I was wondering how long I will know or be in contact with the people I have met in my life. When we move away from here I can honestly say that I am going to miss all of these people so much. With a newly realized feeling of love I watched the lights zooming past outside, breathed in the crisp air from an open window, and we all sang along to "Let My Love Open the Door".

Pictures From Recording and Practices!!












Related Posts with Thumbnails