PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer

IMG_5744

IMG_5758

IMG_5741

IMG_5757

IMG_5488

IMG_5493

IMG_5501

IMG_5498

IMG_5527

We're having such a fun summer. Sure, I have endless loads of school work and it's rarely cooler than 100 degrees during the day, but there's something different about this summer that just feels nice. I think my mind is in a good place and that makes a huge difference. Sometimes it's so easy for me to get so stressed out about everything and that crap feeds into a million tiny crevices of my life. I'm realizing lately that often just not caring about certain things actually makes you feel better. So what if Henry is up half an hour later than usual? Does the house have to be totally clean all the time? Is it the end of the world if I forget something at the grocery store because I didn't sit down and make a list? NO. In the end, Henry will get back on schedule, the house will get picked up, and something else will be made for dinner. When you're a mom, there's just so much to worry and stress out. If you don't choose your battles, you'll feel like your drowning. 

Henry is at this awesome age where you can do fun stuff with him and he actually gets into it. The baby days were fun and cuddly and all that but this kid lately? So awesome. It's fun watching Henry enjoy his summer. He loves playing with the hose, throwing water balloons, staying up late, and eating popsicles on the front porch. It all remindsme of when I was a kid. Summer just felt so...magical. I hope that's how Henry remembers his. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails