PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Best Gift Ever

Last Christmas, my two youngest sisters recorded this song (Lindsey guitar/vocals and Karli piano/vocals)and made this video for Henry. I used to play it over and over and over to him, headphones strapped awkwardly around my belly.

Until tonight I hadn't listened to it since he was born. Now that he's here, safely sleeping on my chest, I watch this video with tears pouring down my face. Hearing this song again brings back a rush of memories and feelings that I haven't experienced in months. It reminds me of when I used to lay awake late at night, hugging my belly as he kicked and flipped around. I'd poke him and hug him as I laid curled on my side, imagining over and over what it would be like to see him for the first time. It reminds me of the anticipation and wonderful stress of waiting for labor. It reminds me of the first time I held his fragile little body and looked into his puffy newborn eyes, the first time we fell in love with each other.

"Oh Henry, he's beauty".



Thank you Lindsey and Karli for making such a special gift for both of us and for allowing me to relive such life changing feelings of joy and love and wonder as I watch Henry sleep to this song....

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Dang! It got to me again, too!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me tear up. Such a beautiful gift!

Brittany said...

This was incredible! Seriously beautiful! You are blessed to have such amazing sisters, and Henry is blessed to have such awesome aunties! :)

Paige Baker said...

Thanks a million for making me cry like your infant son!

Paige Baker said...

And you are very blessed with such wonderful people in your life who love you so much. This is so special and I'm sure it will be one of those things you just need on the days when H is really, really trying you. You and your little family are so important. Never forget that.

alliehallmarr said...

I totally agree, Paige. Watching this last night made me fall even more in love with Henry (again!) Oh, AND I was probably crying more than he did all day...:)

Paige Baker said...

I am a crier lately! Haha, at least he's your son! I've never even met you guys! haha.
love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails