PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 30, 2009

Long Weekend.

We are officially completely moved in to our new house! G and I spent the entire weekend moving our things over to the new house and cleaning the old one...a project that I am more than happy to leave behind. We are really lucky to know some wonderful people here who helped us load and unload the truck and we couldn't have done it without them. Moving when you're pregnant is hard because you feel so lazy and guilty while everyone moves large boxes and furniture. I felt like a wimp carrying down stacks of books and odds and ends, pots and pans. I had to keep reminding myself that I'm not as agile as I used to be and that I should take it easy.

It feels good to have everything we own together in the same place, rather than spread out between car, hotel, old house, and new. It's also overwhelming just seeing how much junk we've managed to accumulate over the past six months. We're planning on garage sale-ing a ton of things this Saturday which will be great because we'll actually be able to walk through our rooms without tripping over chairs and boxes and clothes.

I took Bunz to the vet today to have her claws removed. I hate that we have to put her through such an awful thing, especially with the new move and upcoming dog and baby appearances. For those of you who know nothing about me, please do not bother lecturing me on the cruelty of de-clawing. I do not think it's a fair or pleasant experience to put any animal through and have dreaded this day since the first time we talked about having to do it. We just simply do not have a choice. B isn't the kind of cat who would love to be pet by our baby and I'm just not willing to take the risk of her scratching baby H all up and down. And those of you who have met B know that if we were to give her to the shelter, no one would adopt her because she is so scary and unfriendly to strangers.

I just got a call from the vet letting us know that everything went smoothly and that she'll be able to come home with us on Wednesday. Poor little B.


Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving...I'll write much more and post pictures when we get internet in our teeny-tiny new home!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh!
How could you be such a cruel ruthless person?! De-clawing!? Really. Do you know what agony that causes to the animal? How would you like your nails ripped off?! Geeeez.. People these days.

pahahahahaha...
Just kidding. I'm glad the cat is declawed! Goodness. haha. I guess I hope he recovers well. =P

Love you guys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails