PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 23, 2009

Guuurl, You Lookin' Good In Them Jeans......

Today I bought my first maternity clothes. I was originally thinking that perhaps I could make it this entire pregnancy without having to wear one item with "MATERNITY" on the tag. At the rate this baby's growing now...it was only a matter of time.

I also thought that I would never (EVER) own a pair of those god-awful jeans with the elastic band running up past the stomach. And so, I have been cramming my newly popped big ol' belly into my pre-preggo jeans (with the help of a hair tie looped through the button hole. It's beginning to get a little uncomfortable.

Just for kicks and out of extreme curiosity I tried on a pair of those "horrible" jeans and there was the "Oh-my-gosh-these-are-SOOOO-comfortable-why-didn't-I-buy-these-three-months-ago-I'm-totally-going-to-sleep-in-these-I-think-I-can-get-away-with-wearing-them-every-day-does-this-band-actually-make-my-baby-bump-look-smaller!!-now-I-can-wear-all-of-my-old-shirts-these-are-amazing" feeling. [Meg G- this one's for you!]

Shopping for maternity clothes was really hard for me to do without my mom. It really felt like one of those rare and special times that you should be experiencing with your mom and it was weird doing it without her. I almost felt guilty, like I should have gone shopping with her months ago when they were visiting for my birthday.

I really wish she could have been there to laugh at all of the stretchy waist lines and over sized sweaters with me. I wish she could have been there to tell me which jeans fit me the best and which shirts to keep....

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Now don't you worry honey, I'll just have yo daddy fire up the company jet and we'll be right on down for a lil' shoppin' trip on his card!!!
-Momma
...sigh...I wish I had been there too.

Megan said...

More pictures!!!! :)

Megan said...

Haha :) Well, when I am all grown up and get married and have kids, then both you and mom can go shopping with me :P Start saving now mom :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails