PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday.

I just got back from a pretty late night of working. Carly asked me to stop singing bedtime stories to her because she said they were making her cry. No, my voice isn't that good. She just really missed her mom. I forgot to mention this in my last post (which was too long anyway!) but when I was telling Tori about how nervous I was for the test, Carly had been listening. She interrupted me when I told Tori that part of the test was on reading comprehension and said, "Allie! You don't need to take a test on reading...you read to me ALL THE TIME, and you do a great job! You should tell them that, then you won't have to take your test!" Super-duper cute... jealous?!

Last night for dinner G and I made a special trip to the grocery store to get sandwich supplies and ice cream. I could honestly eat sandwiches everyday of my life but it's a rare thing when I get a craving for ice cream. I can't even remember the last time I had ice cream....I didn't even buy a single ice cream cone last summer. Our sandwiches turned out amazing and I am getting ready to make another one for a late dinner tonight. Here is the perfected recipe:

* 2 toasted slices of whole wheat bread (you have to toast it until it's really really brown and
crispy)
* 5-7 fresh onion rings
* 4 slices of tomato
* Alfalfa sprouts (i used clover sprouts because they were cheaper)
* Mushed up Avocado mixed with garlic and salt
* Light mayonnaise
* Yellow mustard

The result?



G made almost the same sandwich but substituted the avocado for basil hummus. I think he used lettuce instead of sprouts too. His looked just as yummy. As for my ice cream choice...Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. I haven't been able to decide if it's good or bad that G isn't a huge ice cream fan. I get more, but end up eating almost the entire thing by myself!
Related Posts with Thumbnails