PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Beginnings.

Today when I was connecting the TV cord to the VCR (we we're hoping we get free basic cable with our rent) I found one of my all time favorite movies, The Wedding Singer. I thought we had pawned in all of our movies, but apparently we kept the best of our combined movie collection. I was super happy to be able to dust off Almost Famous, Igby Goes Down, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, The Jungle Book, and The Little Mermaid. Oh, and thanks to Lindsey, Gremlins (so good) has recently been added to the very small list of movies we still own. So we are snuggled on the couch watching The Wedding Singer and eating Digiorno spinach, mushroom, and garlic pizza.

Today was such a beautiful day. It was incredibly sunny out and not too cold, finally, so we decided to walk around and explore a bit. I love the way the air feels when it's crisp cold and so fresh feeling. It really inspires me to pursue the creative projects I keep putting off and to listen to music I haven't listened to in a while (like Simon and Garfunkle).




I also took the bus over to Joanne's Fabrics and bought a ton of fabric for quilting and pillows. Also, my huge obsession with felt has not yet ended and they happened to be having a sale on every color patch of felt. I went a little crazy. Now I have enough projects to keep me going for the next six months and so many ideas my head is throbbing. I love this feeling. A mind full of plans and a bag full of the supplies needed to accomplish every single one of them. Thanks to G, I have the most perfect sewing machine now. Over 35 different stitches and a little extending table. If you have a birthday coming up within the next year, you can probably count on getting something sewn...ha ha.



Look at all these project babies!!



My little sister Carly made me the most beautiful pillow I have ever seen. I will most likely be calling her up for some sewing advice. The colors, the pattern, the size...everything about it is so perfect! Some day I will be as talented as my 11 year old sister :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails