PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Better

IMG_4074

Yesterday and today were so much better than the last two weeks have been, thank you all so much for such encouragement and support! Garrison watched Henry so I could get out for a while and catch my breath and I can't tell you how much it's helped me. It's strange how used you get to having your baby with you all the time. Things like wiping a nose while steering a stroller and eating your lunch as you run after a shrieking toddler become second nature. It isn't until you have both of your arms and legs entirely to yourself again that you remember how awesome it is to have quick access to them.

I used my Henry-free time to get fitted for new running shoes, something I could never do with him even if I had a whole purse full of suckers. I had a long conversation about why my knee might be getting sore after long runs and tried on five pairs of shoes even though I liked the first pair just because I could. I got a coffee at the mall and people watched for almost an hour. I know that sounds really lame and gross and I knowknowknow it is but GUYSITWASFUN. Do you even know how long it's been since I was able to drink a coffee slowly and eat a whole pastry without having to break 3/4 off for Henry?! After the mall I went to the gym and ran six miles before they shut it down for the night. And when I came home, Henry was being so good! He kept saying, "I miss you, mama!" and "Snuggle me, mama? An watch Milo and Otis?"

See, I told you parenting is weird. I was so stressed out yesterday morning and tonight I am going to bed with a heart full of patience and love. As we were snuggling under the covers tonight, Henry wrapped his arms around me and said, "Mama Henry best friends" and I melted.
Related Posts with Thumbnails