PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rock and Roll Marathon

DSC03014

DSC03021 DSC03019

DSC03016

DSC03024

DSC03031

Last weekend we biked downtown to watch the Rock and Roll Marathon. I think over 26,000 people came to Savannah to run so streets were shut down and the park was packed. Henry had a lot of fun dodging in and out of the large crowds and shrieking at random babies/dogs.

Watching everyone run got me thinking seriously about running a (half) marathon. I've never really been interested in the idea, even though I've been really into running for about a year. But I don't know, there's just something empowering about seeing so many people running together while a large crowd cheers them on. Also? I think for the first time in my life I could actually handle the distance (13 miles) and that feels really good.

I remember when I first started running again last year I could barely run two miles without feeling like I was going to die. Now I'm able to run 11.5 miles and I can slowly feel my body adjusting to the distance which means in a few months I'll hopefully be able to run further. It feels good looking back and seeing how far I've come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails