PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 23, 2011

(Baby) Party in the USA!


Judging by the mess, I'd say Henry's first birthday party was a success. I'm tired and relieved AND overwhelmed by the fact that my little baby is growing up. I know, he turned one almost a week ago but I think I've been so busy planning everything that I just now have the down time to realize that time is escaping me and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow. Until then, I'd like to leave new moms or moms to be with a little piece of valuable advice I learned today:

SLOW DOWN.

Seriously. Especially when you're preparing for the huge ONE year. Don't waste your time focusing on silly details like party decorations or snacks for your friends because honestly? at the end of the big day, all you're going to remember is how awesome your baby looked with blue icing smeared up his nose and the fact that your life is pretty damn good.

As cheeseball as it sounds, eat up every precious moment, breathe in every baby scent, and focus on every quiet time you two share because these are the memories that really last
forever and time moves us forward faster than we'd often like it to.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

13 comments:

-Sarah- said...

Thank you. I'm planning my sons first, its in 6 weeks!!
But I'll def. be on hold the day of, and focus only on him. Thanks for the advice :)
check him out at
mybabywishlist.tumblr.com

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I love that you took a before & after photo. Looking back, wish I had done that. Little Henry is ADORABLE. And you're so right about slowing down to truly enjoy the little things that you will REALLY remember.
Looks like Henry had an awesome day!!

LISA said...

we're back from italy.. finally i get a chance to catch up on my blogs! YAY Henry for 1 year old! i am in the "holy-crap-i-have-one-month-to-plan-a-birthday stage right now! yikes... please post more and more and more... so i can....... COPY!!!! i have no CLUE what to do for the monster's 1st birthday!!!!! HELP!

grace said...

Aww! Happy bday henry!

Heidi said...

Seriously. You all are the cutest family ever. LOVE.

Brianna Renee said...

you three make such a cute familia! love it & happy birthday to baby henry!

Darcy said...

How awesome is that?! you guys look so happy and proud and loving looking at your little boy!

jill said...

such great advice. its so easy to get caught up in the hype but really its about the birthday boy and you really dont remember if the decorations were hung perfectly or not. i cant wait to see the rest of the pics! its looks like quite the bash! :)

Lil Muse Lily said...

YAY!!! happy belated birthday to Henry and happy birth day to you!!

Jess Craig said...

true dat. dude, i'm feeling like this a lot lately. it just gets worse. i have so many impulses to just grab wyatt and nurse him, even though it's been like 4 or 5 months since i've done that. i just miss my baby.

i'm glad henry's birthday rocked. good for him. and the party decorations look freaking adorable.

mommatojoa said...

I totally agree!
I am going on baby #3 and I miss so many things about my son and daughter being babies that I am going to take it SLOW when the new baby comes in May!

Summer said...

That is so sweet. Thanks for the advice! I sure need it and more if you have anymore =-)

May said...

Well said! Happy 1st birthday Henry! :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails