PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Schooled.


I've been so stressed out lately! This huge test on Saturday has me all worried; I've basically been spending every ounce of free time studying. Good Lord I even read this huge test prep book while I run on the treadmill at the gym. Nerdy and lame, I know. I need to pass this test in order to qualify for student teaching in the Spring. Blah. Wish me luck (and lots of it). 

Anyway, sometimes my stress levels reach WHOA!! and I get all crazy b-word on everyone. I'm sure I'm awesome and fun to be around lately (just ask my husband). Yesterday morning, Henry was running around the house with a ball of yarn, yelling at the cat as it ripped around the house scratching everything with his stupid claws. 5 minutes into this "game" and Henry had strung the entire living room with a web of brown yarn. I turned just in time to see our porcelain deer fly off the table as a piece of string hooked its antlers. "HENRY!!!" I yelled as I watched it break. "I can't believe this! What the heck?!" I said. 

Henry looked at me with an apologetic grin and said, ".....But.... it's just a deer thing, mom!" And I realized that he was right. It is "just a deer thing". A silly little piece of crap that we got for nothing at the thrift store. Henry's comment really made me stop and think. It's so easy to get worked up about the littlest things, but is it really worth it? Isn't it better to just sweat the small stuff and focus on the good? The huge amounts of good that surround you when you're a parent? Easier said than done, I know. But still.

 Lesson learned Henry, thank you. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails