PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Henry's Favorite Pumpkin Muffins

Inspired by Grandma Zoe, awesome recipe found here.

These muffins are perfect for new real-food eaters because they are quick to make and so soft and crumbly. I'm always worried about Henry choking new foods but with these I've never thought twice about it. He can totally feed himself too, so it gives me a tiny bit of time all to myself. He'd eat these until his face turned orange if I let him...


Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup light brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, vanilla, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.

* This recipe is actually for pumpkin bread, I'm not sure exactly how long we've been baking the muffins but probably about 20 minutes or until the center is firm and the edges are crisp.


Henry says, "Share some with your doggies!!"

Henry is a complete wreck today. SO needy and into everything. He just started this new whiny fake crybaby thing too and has been crawling around the house all day moaning, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". So basically I feel like I have been listening to baby cries all freaking day and I kinda want to rip my ears off. I took him through a car wash for the first time and he was so into the whole thing that he hardly moved for like ten whole minutes. Made a mental note of this and I think we're going to have a much cleaner car starting now.

Henry's Grandma ZOE! is meeting up with us tomorrow. All the way from Washington state and oh my god are we excited. I might not be blogging for a few days, but we'll be back with hella pictures. Just you wait.

OH. and do you think you could vote for us while we're gone? awesome!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

5 comments:

Delirium said...

Thanks for the recipe! Those muffins sound yummy.

I'm going to have to remember that car wash thing...

-b

Carly Anne said...

This recipe looks delish. And, I love Henry's expressions in your snap shots!

XO
Carly

All this is Grace and Charm
ttp://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

morgan said...

oh, gosh i love pumpkin muffins. and the car wash is genius. i'm sure it's weird for me to gush over your little boy but i swear he is the cutest baby i have ever seen. ever.

Brittany said...

A) Looks like he likes it!
B) My mom made pumpkin bars. I said "I'm not really a pumpkin person" but then she held a gun to my head and I HAD to try one...(ha!) and then I almost ate the entire pan! Yikes!
C)Aidyn STILLL does the fake whiney cry. Its the one thing he does that gets on my dang nerve! Its like nails on a chalk board!
D) Have fun!!!

Courtney said...

mmm thanks for the recipe! I am fond of pumpkin everything. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails