PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Savannah Update:

We finally have internet at our house! It's a little sickening to think how dependent we've become on Google, Yahoo, and others. This last week we were unable to check our e-mails, watch TV shows, or Google directions and it was a pretty nice break. Now that it is hooked up at our house I am going to try and use it very rarely.

Lots of new things have been happening out here. Over Memorial Day Weekend we drove down to Florida to visit G's relatives. We got to see the houses and neighborhood he grew up in and ate at some really good restaurants. I like his family a ton and we all had a really nice time. Florida is a really neat state. Extremely hot and humid with these amazing rain/thunderstorms that seem to appear out of nowhere.

Our place is getting more put together, although we still need bookshelves for our books. I'm trying to ignore all of the HUGE bugs that scurry around our floor, until I get used to them. We're talking cockroaches and flys the size of a dime (and sometimes bigger!) Last night I turned on the light to the bathroom and Bunz pounced on a cockroach the biggest I've seen so far. The whole night she was on bug duty...sitting on the bed, watching the floor in between short naps.
OUR LIVING ROOM:



I am still trying to get my job situation all lined up, unfortunately. I came to Savannah with two great offers and was unexpectedly left with zero. I went downtown yesterday to the Board of Education to see if I could get a teaching assistant job and was told that the entire county is under a hiring freeze until next year at the earliest. Wish me luck...job searching is frustrating :-(
G's NEW BBQ:


Birdwatching in the backyard:

Related Posts with Thumbnails