PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 9, 2011

On Raffi

Sometimes I get so caught up in the routine of everything. I worry about getting Henry down for nap in time, or keeping him out too long, and feeding him at appropriate intervals. I forget how fast this time is flying by and just how lucky I am to be here to experience his growth. It's too easy to focus on the stressful parts of the day, to let the whining and tantrums take control of my emotions.
Every time I play Raffi for Henry it resets my mind and mood, I swear. It takes me back to when I was little, when a goodgood day was getting a chocolate chip cookie and a lot of time to play outside. Listening to this makes me stop and appreciate this babytime in Henry's life and even helps me to see the tantrums as a temporary sign of his growth. Childhood is beautifully simple, it's nice to be reminded of that sometimes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails